What’s the best control panel for your hosting plan?
If you are launching your first website, then you should choose one of the two most popular control panels: cPanel or Plesk. Picking a “hark horse” is a high-risk bet because you’ll suffer a lot if it’s not sufficiently user-friendly.
The main difference between the two is that cPanel can be used with Linux OS and Plesk is compatible with both Linux and Windows OS. So, your choice should be based primarily on what OS you use.
- Plesk has a much cleaner interface.
- cPanel works faster due to special attention the developers have paid to streamlining its operations.
- Both of the panels are highly secure.
- Plesk comes with lots of useful apps and extensions straight from the box, so that you don’t need to waste your time for backdoor solutions like you’d be doing in cPanel.
- Both control panels cost around $10 in monthly subscription fees.
All in all, Plesk is the best choice for beginners, while cPanel is liked by experienced administrators who’ve been using it for decades.